LACL believes that complaints should be dealt with in a
prompt, effective and professional manner and has
developed a policy to support this goal.
A complaint is any concern or breach in ethical conduct
that is brought forward to a LACL employee by an
individual receiving service; a family member and / or a
person from the individual’s support network; a
community member; a LACL employee; or someone
from another agency.
Steps in LACL's complaint resolution involve:
· Receiving the complaint professionally
· Documenting the complaint
· Assessing the urgency of the complaint
· Ensuring the most appropriate LACL staff person
deals with the complaint
· Documentating how the complaint was addressed